Sr. Infrastructure/Datacenter Engineer
IL - Aurora
All Covered, IT Services Division of Konica Minolta Business Solutions (KMBS), is the leading national IT services company serving SMB to enterprise markets. Offering a wide variety of career opportunities, All Covered is an excellent choice for motivated IT professionals interested in a stimulating and progressive work environment.
With over 1,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, All Covered has a highly skilled team of professionals focusing on superior quality service delivery to our customers. We offer hands-on technical training on the most relevant technologies in the industry and career path advancement in all levels of the company.
Please join us in our exciting growth and pursue a rewarding career with All Covered!
Konica Minolta is currently seeking an Infrastructure Engineer.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager for Cloud Services, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for supporting the infrastructure systems and services that support the business and its clients. This includes compute, storage, network, security, infrastructure applications, and related services. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for entire services lifecycle from planning to development to implementation to operations and optimization. The role is critical to support core business functions and services. Continuous improvement and a holistic approach are key qualities for the role. The Senior role includes mentoring and leadership where necessary to accomplish team goals. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer focuses on ‘problem seeking’, and will identify opportunities for improvement as well as thoughtful solutions to team members and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Cloud Services Infrastructure Planning and Development:
• Provide Shared Services for a global enterprise, including the primary function of Cloud Service Provider
• Serves as the primary support for cloud infrastructure (systems, storage, network, services and security)
• Ensures that activities align with business objectives and priorities
• Maintains an architecture that anticipates future requirements
• Leverages other organizations when appropriate
• Upholds a strong ethic for systems management that leverages a holistic approach that considers the impact to the entire organization
• Maintains written policies, procedures and standards
• Champions a spirit around innovation, continuous improvement and quality
• Drives toward solutions that support automation and self-service
• Conscious of appropriate costs and considers methods to fully recover costs via client utilization
• Ensures operational success for core systems and services
• Participate in ‘follow the sun’ global support model
• Primary on-site support for data center, systems, storage, network and related applications
• Contributor to the list of infrastructure activities
• Provides regular reporting of utilization for billing and partner reporting
• Responds to systems and services outages and other service-related activities
• Effectively prioritizes activities in alignment with overall business objectives
• Provides technical expertise and support to fellow technical staff throughout the company
• Serves as a technical escalation point for field and IT resources
• Ensures change management processes are followed
• Ability to work individually and as a team to meet deadlines and achieve results
Acquisition Support/Datacenter Consolidation:
• Engages with project management team and acquisitions to plan datacenter consolidations
• Provide support and tools to markets to migrate acquired clients into the All Covered Cloud, including nights and weekends as necessary
• Provide status reports on datacenter progress through completion of consolidation tasks
• Problem Solving and Analysis: The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for systems and services that are both wide impacting and complex in nature. When issues come up, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer must consider the impact of both the problem and solution from many different angles. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is also responsible for gauging the risks associated with regular maintenance and day-to-day activities. The analysis will yield contingency plans that weigh the different approaches. Solutions must also consider the impact to both internal and external users of the applications and services.
• Independence: The Senior Infrastructure Engineer must exhibit a high degree of initiative. In addition, the position must maintain alignment with business goals and priorities, and make judgments as appropriate. Timeliness of decisions is critical and must be effectively communicated to those impacted. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer must have the self-discipline to ensure they are working toward established standards. If one does not exist, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will seek out the best way to establish the standard and do so.
• Decision Making: The Senior Infrastructure Engineer carries the responsibility to make decisions for Infrastructure, and execute independently and via delegation. Decisions need to be aligned with stakeholders, such as other IT groups and clients. Decisions are made on a daily basis and the Senior Infrastructure Engineer needs to seek supervisory assistance for additional guidance when appropriate. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer must defend and document decisions, and outline strategies and options to the team and senior management. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer works independently, but also will need to work with a team from time to time to make decisions collaboratively.
• Degree of Impact/Risk Mitigation: The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is a highly visible position within the company. Systems and services that the Senior Infrastructure Engineer manages support the entire company and its clients on a major scale, and decisions can have broad impact. Improvements and changes to the environment must be thoroughly reviewed to ascertain cost/benefit and risk, in order to make the best decision for the business.
• Liaison: The Senior Infrastructure Engineer services as the key conduit between many disparate groups. These groups include Internal IT for All Covered and Konica Minolta, Markets, call centers, clients and external resources (contractors, vendors, etc). These interactions take place on a daily basis, and requirement clear and well worded verbal and written communications.
• Presentation Skills: The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will provide excellent professional written documentation of ideas, proposals, analysis, and diagrams. This role includes the need to present in person or via collaboration tools confidently.
• BS in Computer Science or related job experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a progression of roles
• Established track record in enterprise systems management
• Experience working at an enterprise scale
• Strong expertise with virtualization (VMware preferred), servers, storage, networking and security
• Strong expertise in datacenter design and hypervisor-based migration tools
• Strong business acumen and a drive toward business growth and cost control
• Experience leading systems architecture, technologies and methodologies
• Discipline to work remotely and communicate clearly
• Close familiarity with the Small-Medium Business (SMB) market
• Experience with multi-tenant Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) preferred
• Experience with public cloud solutions (AWS, Azure) preferred
Training is an essential part of continued growth at All Covered. As such, travel will be required for a week of off-site New Hire Training. This training is generally conducted within the 1st three (3) months of employment with the company. Additional skills training will also be available and further travel within the U.S. may be required for this position.
Konica Minolta offers:
Join Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the Workplace of the Future.™
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.